Sunday, May 21, 2006

Dialyzing At Home

Sandra has done her first 3 days of dialysis at home. My heart breaks for her every time she goes into the room to do an exchange. Not one word of complaint. I have told her to think of this as a temporary solution, and that it will all be over once she has a transplant. Peritoneal dialysis is the best, and least intrusive method of dialysis for those who qualify. From what I understand, certain conditions exclude some patients from this method. Their only option is then Hemodialysis. However, a person cannot be on Peritoneal Dialysis indefinitely as the membranes of the peritoneal cavity will eventually wear out. We were worried that her daughter would be grossed out by the whole procedure, but fortunately, she has handled it very well. I would like to thank the angels who have offered to get tested as potential donors. Christina

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I had trouble getting here. I think I forgot my password I made. Anyway, tomorrow I should know something by 4 P.M. Cali time. My e-mail, if you care to use it, is hawkman98@msn.com. I will go any distance to make sure your daughter gets a new kidney.
Rich

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Guestbook